C5 Enterprise Vulnerability Management session start denial of service
|c5evm-sessionstart-dos (26779)||Medium Risk|
C5 Enterprise Vulnerability Management (EVM) from Secure Elements is vulnerable to a denial of service caused by improper authentication of session start messages. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to initiate TCP connections to arbitrary destinations to cause a denial of service condition at the server and client.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of C5 Enterprise Vulnerability Management (2.8.1 or later), available from the C5 Enterprise Vulnerability Management Web site. See References.
- C5 Enterprise Vulnerability Management (C5 EVM) Web site: Secure Elements - Compliance and Vulnerability Management Overview.
- BID-18191: Secure Elements Class 5 AVR Multiple Remote Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2706: Secure Elements Class 5 AVR server (aka C5 EVM) before 2.8.1 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service via forged session start messages that cause AVR to connect to arbitrary hosts.
- OSVDB ID: 26141: Secure Elements Class 5 AVR Forged session start Message DoS
- SA20378: Secure Elements Class 5 AVR Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1016184: C5 Enterprise Vulnerability Management Bugs Let Remote Users Access the System, Execute Arbitrary Code, Monitor Communications, and Deny Service
- US-CERT VU#487617: Secure Elements Class 5 AVR server fails to properly authenticate session start messages
- Secure Elements C5 Enterprise Vulnerability Management prior to 2.8.1
May 30, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this