Monster Top List index.php cross-site scripting
|monstertoplist-index-xss (26806)||Medium Risk|
Monster Top List is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the index.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the user_error_message parameter to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu May 25 2006 - 01:22:01 CDT: XSS in Monster Top List | MTL 1.4.
- Monster Top List Web site: Monster Top List.
- CVE-2006-2643: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in index.php in Monster Top List (MTL) 1.4 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the user_error_message parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 26023: Monster Top List index.php user_error_message Parameter XSS
- Monster Top List Monster Top List 1.4
May 25, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this