UBB.threads ubbt.inc.php file include
|ubbthreads-ubbtinc-file-include (26866)||Medium Risk|
UBB.threads could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary local files. If register_globals is enabled, a remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the ubbt.inc.php script containing "dot dot" sequences (/../) in the 'thispath' or 'configdir' parameter and appended with a NULL byte character (%00) to specify a known file from the local system, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code or view arbitrary files on the system.
Note: In order to exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code, the attacker would first be required to upload a malicious file or inject arbitrary commands into an existing file.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun May 28 2006 - 09:09:18 CDT : Advisory: UBBThreads 5.x,6.x Multiple File Inclusion Vulnerabilities..
- UBBThreads Web site: UBBThreads home.
- CVE-2006-2675: PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in ubbt.inc.php in UBBThreads 5.x and 6.x allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via a URL in the (1) thispath or (2) configdir parameters.
- OSVDB ID: 26121: UBB.threads ubbt.inc.php GLOBALS[thispath] Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- InfoPop UBB.threads 5.x
- InfoPop UBB.threads 188.8.131.52 Trial
May 28, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this