aMule unspecified information disclosure
|amule-url-information-disclosure (26953)||Medium Risk|
aMule could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by an unspecified information leak vulnerability. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to gain access to arbitrary image files or arbitrary html and PHP files on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of aMule (2.1.2 or later), available from the aMule Web site. See References.
- AMule Project Web site: Changelog 2.1.2.
- BID-18145: aMule Remote Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2691: Unspecified information leakage vulnerabilities in aMuleWeb for AMule before 2.1.2 allow remote attackers to access arbitrary images, including dynamically generated images, via unknown vectors.
- CVE-2006-2692: Multiple unspecified vulnerabilities in aMuleWeb for AMule before 2.1.2 allow remote attackers to read arbitrary image, HTML, or PHP files via unknown vectors, probably related to directory traversal.
- OSVDB ID: 25797: aMule Crafted URL Arbitrary File Disclosure
- SA20351: aMule Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1016188: aMule Discloses Images and HTML/PHP Files to Remote Users
- aMule aMule prior to 2.1.2
May 28, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this