Arkoon FAST360 DNS module denial of service
|fast360-dns-dos (27004)||Medium Risk|
Multiple versions of the Arkoon Fast360 security appliance are vulnerable to a denial of service attack caused by an error in the FAST DNS module. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted DNS message to cause the device to reboot.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest firmware version (3.0/30 or later) or (4.0/2 or later), as listed in Arkoon Security Bulletin AK-2006-02. See References.
- Arkoon Security Bulletin AK-2006-02: Fast DNS analysis vulnerability.
- CVE-2006-7054: The DNS module in Arkoon FAST360 UTM appliances 3.0 up to 3.0/29, 3.1 through 3.3, and 4.0 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (reboot) via a malformed DNS message, as demonstrated by the PROTOS DNS testing suite.
- OSVDB ID: 26386: FAST360 Appliance DNS Analysis Malformed Packet DoS
- SA20618: FAST360 Appliance DNS Analysis Denial of Service
- VUPEN/ADV-2006-2217: Arkoon FAST360 DNS Message Handling Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Arkoon FAST360 3.0
- Arkoon FAST360 3.1
- Arkoon FAST360 3.2
- Arkoon FAST360 3.3
- Arkoon FAST360 4.0
Jun 06, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this