Simpleboard multiple cross-site scripting
|simpleboard-multiple-xss (27021)||Medium Risk|
Simpleboard from Two Shoes M-Factory (TSMF) is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by multiple modules. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'Name' field in 'post ne topic' of the Frontend, the Title (Community-Title) and the Name (Forum-Title) fields in Simpleboard Configuration in the Backend Admin Panel, the Name (Category-Title) fields in Simpleboard Administration in the Backend Admin Panel, and possibly the 'sb_authorname' parameter to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Jun 01 2006 - 14:35:45 CDT : Joomla/Mambo CMS Component SimpleBoard 1.1 XSS-Vulnerabilities.
- Simpleboard Web site: Two Shoes Mambo Factory - Simpleboard and Joomlaboard Forum component.
- BID-18251: Two Shoes Mambo Factory SimpleBoard HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2815: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Two Shoes M-Factory (TSMF) SimpleBoard 1.1.0 Stable (aka com_simpleboard), as used in Mambo and Joomla!, allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via (1) the Name field in post ne topic in the Frontend, (2) the Title (aka Community-Title) field in Simpleboard Configuration in the Backend Admin Panel, and the (3) Name (aka Forum-Title) and (4) Name (aka Category-Title) fields in Simpleboard Administration in the Backend Admin Panel. NOTE: some sources have stated that the sb_authorname parameter is affected, but it is unclear which field is related to it.
- OSVDB ID: 25950: SimpleBoard Forum Post sb_authorname Parameter XSS
- SA20409: SimpleBoard "sb_authorname" Script Insertion Vulnerability
- Two Shoes Mambo Factory Simpleboard (with Joomla 1.0.8) 1.1.0
Jun 01, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this