Invision Power Board admin.php phpinfo cross-site scripting
|ipb-admin-phpinfo-xss (27069)||Medium Risk|
Invision Power Board is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the admin.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'phpinfo' parameter to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Jun 09 2006 - 16:02:58 CDT: Invision Power Board XSS.
- Invision Power Services Web site: Invision Power Services : Power Board : Powerful community software.
- BID-18450: Invision Power Board Admin.PHP Cross-site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-7064: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in forum/admin.php for Invision Power Board (IPB) 2.1.6 and earlier allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML as the administrator via the phpinfo parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 28164: Invision Power Board admin.php phpinfo Parameter XSS
- Invision Power Invision Power Board 2.1.6
Jun 09, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this