Wikka Wiki Method() wikka.php security bypass
|wikkawiki-method-security-bypass (27226)||Medium Risk|
Wikka Wiki could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions and gain unauthorized access to arbitrary PHP scripts, caused by a vulnerability in the Method() function in the wikka.php script. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability by sending a specially-crafted URL request to the wikka.php script.
Upgrade to the latest version of Wikka Wiki (126.96.36.199 or later), available from the Wikka Wiki Web site. See References.
- Wikka Wiki Web site: Wikka : WikkaReleaseNotes - Wikka 188.8.131.52.
- Wikka Wiki Web site: Wikka: Welcome to Wikka Wiki.
- Wikkawiki Ticket #36 (defect): Security issue with the Method() method.
- BID-18484: Wikkawiki Method Function Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-7049: The Method method in WikkaWiki (Wikka Wiki) before 184.108.40.206 calls the strstr and strrpos functions with the wrong argument order, which allows remote attackers to bypass intended access restrictions and access arbitrary PHP files.
- OSVDB ID: 26543: WikkaWiki wikka.php Method() Function Arbitrary Page Access
- SA20628: Wikkawiki Two Vulnerabilities
- Wikka Wiki Wikka Wiki prior to 220.127.116.11
Jun 12, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this