MERCUR Messaging 2005 POP3 TOP commands denial of service
|mercur-top-dos (27232)||Medium Risk|
MERCUR Messaging 2005 is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. By sending an incomplete or malformed TOP command, a remote attacker could cause cause the POP3 service to crash.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of MERCUR Messaging 2005 (SP4 or later), available from the Atrium Software International Web site. See References.
- atrium software international June 10, 2006 : MERCUR Messaging 2005 - Service Pack 4 .
- Atrium Software International Web site: Current Downloads for MERCUR Messaging 2005.
- BID-18462: Atrium Software Mercur Messaging Multiple Remote Denial Of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-7040: Unspecified vulnerability in MERCUR Messaging 2005 before Service Pack 4 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a TOP command to the POP3 service.
- OSVDB ID: 26521: MERCUR Messaging POP3 TOP Command DoS
- SA20432: Mercur Messaging Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- Atrium Software International MERCUR Messaging 2005 prior to SP 4
Jun 10, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this