Yahoo! Messenger non-ASCII denial of service
|yahoo-messenger-nonascii-dos (27319)||Medium Risk|
Yahoo! Messenger is vulnerable to a denial of service caused by improper handling of messages containing non-ASCII characters. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted message containing non-ASCII characters to cause the victim's client to crash. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause a denial of service.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- Yahoo! Messenger Web site: Yahoo! Messenger.
- BID-18622: Yahoo! Messenger Message Handling Denial of Service Vulnerability
- BID-19211: Yahoo! Messenger Remote Search String Arbitrary Browser Navigation Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-3298: Yahoo! Messenger 184.108.40.2064 and 7.0.438 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via messages that contain non-ASCII characters, which triggers the crash in jscript.dll.
- OSVDB ID: 26781: Yahoo! Messenger jscript.dll Non-Ascii Character DoS
- OSVDB ID: 27464: Yahoo! Messenger Malformed Private Message DoS
- SA20773: Yahoo! Messenger Denial of Service Weakness
- Yahoo Messenger 220.127.116.114
Jun 22, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this