IBM Lotus Domino SMTP NROUTER vCal request denial of service
|domino-smtp-nrouter-dos (27413)||Medium Risk|
IBM Lotus Domino is vulnerable to a denial of service in the SMTP service. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted vCal meeting request to cause the NROUTER service to consume all available CPU resources, resulting in a denial of service.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Lotus Domino (6.5.4 FP1 or later), (6.5.5 or later) or (7.0 or later), as listed in IBM Technote (FAQ) - Lotus Domino SMTP-based Denial of Service vulnerability. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Jun 26 2006 - 15:42:37 CDT : SYMSA-2006-006: Lotus Domino SMTP Based Denial of Service.
- IBM Technote (FAQ): Lotus Domino SMTP-based Denial of Service vulnerability.
- ISS X-Force Database: IBM Lotus Notes/Domino unspecified Agents, Router, and Security modules vulnerabilities.
- Symantec Vulnerability Research Security Advisory SYMSA-2006-006: Lotus Domino SMTP Based Denial of Service.
- BID-16158: IBM Lotus Domino and Notes Multiple Unspecified Vulnerabilities
- BID-18020: Lotus Domino SMTP Meeting Request Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-0119: Multiple unspecified vulnerabilities in IBM Lotus Notes and Domino Server before 6.5.5 have unknown impact and attack vectors, due to potential security issues as identified by SPR numbers (1) GPKS6C9J67 in Agents, (2) JGAN6B6TZ3 and (3) KSPR699NBP in the Router, (4) GPKS5YQGPT in Security, or (5) HSAO6BNL6Y in the Web Server. NOTE: vector 3 is related to an issue in NROUTER in IBM Lotus Notes and Domino Server before 6.5.4 FP1, 6.5.5, and 7.0, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (CPU consumption) via a crafted vCal meeting request sent via SMTP (aka SPR# KSPR699NBP).
- SA18328: IBM Lotus Domino/Notes Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA20855: Lotus Domino Malformed vCal Processing Denial of Service
- SECTRACK ID: 1016390: IBM Lotus Domino Bug in Processing vCal Meeting Requests Let Remote Users Deny Service
- IBM Lotus Domino 6.0
- IBM Lotus Domino 6.0.1
- IBM Lotus Domino 6.0.2
- IBM Lotus Domino 6.0.3
- IBM Lotus Domino 6.0.4
- IBM Lotus Domino 6.0.5
- IBM Lotus Domino 6.5.0
- IBM Lotus Domino 6.5.1
- IBM Lotus Domino 6.5.2
- IBM Lotus Domino 6.5.3
- IBM Lotus Domino 6.5.4
- IBM OS 390
- IBM OS 400
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Jun 27, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this