Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS) HTTP interface information disclosure
|cisco-wcs-http-information-disclosure (27442)||Low Risk|
The Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS) could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by a vulnerability regarding insecure permissions on certain directories accessible via the HTTP interface. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to gain access to sensitive information including usernames and directory names.
Refer to Cisco Security Advisory cisco-sa-20060628-wcs for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- cisco-sa-20060628-wcs: Cisco Security Advisory: Multiple Vulnerabilities in Wireless Control System.
- BID-18701: Cisco Wireless Control System Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-3290: HTTP server in Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS) for Linux and Windows before 3.2(51) stores sensitive information under the web root with insufficient access control, which allows remote attackers to obtain usernames and directory paths via a direct URL request.
- OSVDB ID: 26879: Cisco Wireless Control System (WCS) HTTP Server Permission Weakness Information Disclosure
- SA20870: Cisco Wireless Control System Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1016398: Cisco Wireless Control System Lets Remote Users Read/Write Files, View Sensitive Information, Access the Systems, and Conduct Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- VUPEN/ADV-2006-2583: Cisco Wireless Control System Security Bypass and Information Disclosure Issues
- Cisco Wireless Control System 3.2(40)
- Cisco Wireless Control System 3.2(51)
Jun 28, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this