OpenOffice.org Java applet sandbox restriction bypass
|openoffice-applet-sandbox-bypass (27569)||Medium Risk|
OpenOffice.org could allow a remote attacker to bypass sandbox restrictions, caused by an unspecified vulnerability related to the handling of Java applets. An attacker could create an OpenOffice document containing a malicious Java applet, which could allow the attacker to read and write arbitrary files or perform other malicious activity on the system with the privileges of the current user, once the document is opened. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability by hosting the malicious document on a Web page or sending it to a potential victim as an email attachment.
Refer to OpenOffice.org Security Bulletin 2006-06-29 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
For Debian GNU/Linux:
Refer to DSA-1104-2 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
For Sun Solaris:
Refer to Sun Alert ID: 102475 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
For Red Hat Linux:
Refer to RHSA-2006:0573-10 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
For Gentoo Linux:
Refer to Gentoo Linux Security Announcement GLSA 2006-07-12 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
For SUSE Linux:
Refer to SUSE-SA:2006:040 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
For other distributions:
Contact your vendor for upgrade or patch information.
- OpenOffice.org Security Bulletin 2006-06-29: Security Bulletin 2006-06-29.
- Sun Alert ID: 102475: Security Vulnerability With Java Applets in StarOffice/StarSuite.
- ASA-2006-134: openoffice.org security update (RHSA-2006-0573)
- BID-18737: OpenOffice Java Applet System Access Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2199: Unspecified vulnerability in Java Applets in OpenOffice.org 1.1.x (aka StarOffice) up to 1.1.5 and 2.0.x before 2.0.3 allows user-assisted attackers to escape the Java sandbox and conduct unauthorized activities via certain applets in OpenOffice documents.
- DSA-1104: openoffice.org -- several vulnerabilities
- GLSA-200607-12: OpenOffice.org: Multiple vulnerabilities
- MDKSA-2006:118: Updated OpenOffice.org packages fix various vulnerabilities
- RHSA-2006-0573: openoffice.org security update
- SA20867: OpenOffice Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA20911: StarOffice / StarSuite Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1016414: OpenOffice.org Bugs Let Java Scripts Escape the Sandbox, Macro Code Be Executed, or Arbitrary Code Be Executed on the Target System
- SUSE-SA:2006:040: OpenOffice_org security problems
- Canonical Ubuntu 5.04
- Canonical Ubuntu 5.10
- Canonical Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
- Debian Debian Linux 3.1
- Gentoo Linux
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux 2006
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux 2006 X86_64
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 3.0
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 3.0 X86_64
- Novell Linux Desktop 9
- OpenOffice OpenOffice.org 1.1.x
- OpenOffice OpenOffice.org 2.0.x
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 ES
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 AS
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 Desktop
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 WS
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 ES
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 Desktop
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 AS
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 WS
- SUSE SuSE Linux 10.0
- SUSE SuSE Linux 10.1
- SUSE SuSE Linux 9.1
- SUSE SuSE Linux 9.2
- SUSE SuSE Linux 9.3
- SuSE SuSE Linux Desktop 1.0
- Turbolinux Turbolinux FUJI
Jun 30, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this