Microsoft Internet Explorer DirectAnimation.DAUserData ActiveX object denial of service
|ie-directanimation-dauserdata-dos (27622)||Medium Risk|
Microsoft Internet Explorer is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a NULL pointer dereference that can occur when processing a malformed DirectAnimation.DAUserData ActiveX object that references a non-initialized 'Data' property. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause a victim's browser to crash, if the attacker could persuade the victim to visit a malicious Web page.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- Browser Fun Blog Saturday, July 08, 2006: MoBB #9: DirectAnimation.DAUserData Data .
- BID-18902: Microsoft Internet Explorer DirectAnimation.DAUserData Denial Of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-3513: danim.dll in Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) by accessing the Data property of a DirectAnimation DAUserData object before it is initialized, which triggers a NULL pointer dereference.
- OSVDB ID: 27013: Microsoft IE DirectAnimation.DAUserData Data Property NULL Dereference
- VUPEN/ADV-2006-2719: Microsoft Internet Explorer DirectAnimation Control Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 SP2
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1
Jul 08, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.