Microsoft Internet Explorer tsuserex.dll COM object denial of service
|ie-tsuserex-dos (28444)||Medium Risk|
Microsoft Internet Explorer is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a memory corruption error when the Terminal Services (tsuserex.dll) COM object is instantiated as an ActiveX control. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause a victim's browser to crash or possibly execute arbitrary code on the victim's system, if the attacker could persuade the victim to visit a malicious Web page.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- XSec Security Advisory XSec-06-06: Windows 2003 (tsuserex.dll) COM Object Instantiation Vulnerability.
- BID-19570: Microsoft Internet Explorer TSUserEX.DLL ActiveX Control Memory Corruption Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-4219: The Terminal Services COM object (tsuserex.dll) allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) and possibly execute arbitrary code by instantiating it as an ActiveX object in Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 on Microsoft Windows 2003 EE SP1 CN.
- OSVDB ID: 29351: Microsoft Windows Terminal Services tsuserex.dll COM Object Instantiation
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 SP2
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1
Aug 18, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.