bigAPE Site Backup component for Mambo Tar.php file include
|bigape-tar-file-include (28468)||Medium Risk|
The bigAPE Site Backup component for Mambo could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the Tar.php script using the mosConfig_absolute_path parameter to specify a malicious file from a remote system, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- MamboXchange Web site: bigAPE Site Backup: Project Info.
- BID-19616: Mambo BigAPE-Backup Component Remote File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-4296: PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in classes/Tar.php in bigAPE-Backup component (com_babackup) for Mambo 1.1 allows remote attackers to include arbitrary files via the mosConfig_absolute_path parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 28032: bigAPE-Backup for Mambo/Joomla Tar.php mosConfig_absolute_path Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- SA21574: Mambo bigAPE-Backup Component File Inclusion Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2006-3340: bigAPE-Backup Component for Mambo Remote PHP File Inclusion Vulnerability
- Mamboserver bigAPE Site Backup component for Mambo 1.1 and prior
Aug 19, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.