Simple Machines Forum (SMF) ManageBoards.php SQL injection
|smf-manageboards-sql-injection (28716)||Medium Risk|
Simple Machines Forum (SMF) is vulnerable to SQL injection. A remote attacker with administrativer access to the application could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the ManageBoards.php script using the cur_cat parameter, which could allow the attacker to view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database.
Upgrade to the latest version of Simple Machines Forum (1.0.9 or later), available from the Simple Machines Forum Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Sep 01 2006 - 15:34:20 CDT : Sql injection in SMF [Admin section].
- Simple Machines Web site: Simple Machines.
- BID-19814: SMF Multiple SQL Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-4564: SQL injection vulnerability in Sources/ManageBoards.php in Simple Machines Forum 1.1 RC3 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the cur_cat parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 28457: Simple Machines Forum (SMF) ManageBoards.php cur_cat Parameter SQL Injection
- OSVDB ID: 77413: Simple Machines Forum (SMF) index.php params Parameter XSS
- SA21740: Simple Machines Forum Cross-Site Scripting and SQL Injection
- Simple Machines Simple Machines Forum 1.1 RC3
Sep 01, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.