SoftBB admin/save_opt.php file include
|softbb-admin-file-include (28749)||Medium Risk|
SoftBB could allow a remote authenticated attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the admin/save_opt.php script to specify a malicious file from a remote system, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Sep 04 2006 - 03:14:06 CDT : SoftBB 0.1 Remote PHP Code Execution Exploit.
- SoftBB Web site: Forum de discussion - SoftBB.
- BID-19839: SoftBB Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-4631: Direct static code injection vulnerability in admin/save_opt.php in SoftBB 0.1, and possibly earlier, allows remote authenticated users to upload and execute arbitrary PHP code via the cache_forum parameter, which saves the code to info_options.php, which is accessible via a direct request.
- OSVDB ID: 28579: SoftBB admin/save_opt.php Arbitrary PHP Code Execution
- SA21761: SoftBB SQL and PHP Code Injection Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1016785: SoftBB Lets Remote Users Inject SQL Commands and Execute Arbitrary Code
- SoftBB SoftBB 0.1
Sep 04, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.