Web Dictate admin unauthorized access
|webdictate-admin-unauthorized-access (28759)||Medium Risk|
Web Dictate could allow a remote attacker to gain unauthorized access to the application. A remote attacker could use a valid administrator username and a blank password in the login fields and gain unauthorized access to the administration section, which could allow the attacker to view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database with the privileges of the administrator.
Refer to the NCH Swift Sound Web site for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Sep 03 2006 - 12:40:17 CDT : Web Dictate Admin Null Password Vulnerability.
- NCH Swift Sound Web site: Web Dictate.
- BID-19836: Web Dictate Admin Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-4603: NCH Swift Sound Web Dictate 1.02 allows remote attackers to bypass authentication via a null password.
- OSVDB ID: 28547: Web Dictate Null Password Authentication Bypass
- SA21747: Web Dictate Empty Password Authentication Bypass
- SECTRACK ID: 1016789: Web Dictate Lets Remote Users Gain Administrative Access with a Null Password
- NCH Swift Sound Web Dictate beta 1.02
Sep 03, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.