MySource Equation PHP code execution
|mysource-equation-code-execution (28768)||High Risk|
MySource could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code, caused by improper validation of the Equation attribute. A remote attacker with superuser privileges could exploit this vulnerability to inject and execute arbitrary PHP code on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of MySource Classic (2.14.8 or later), available from the MySource Web page. See References.
- MySource Web page: MySource Classic - Download 2.14.8.
- BID-19868: MySource Classic PHP Code Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-4635: Unspecified vulnerability in MySource Classic 2.14.6, and possibly earlier, allows remote authenticated users, with superuser privileges, to inject arbitrary PHP code via unspecified vectors related to the Equation attribute in Web_Extensions - Notitia (I/II). NOTE: due to lack of details, it is not clear whether this issue is file inclusion, static code injection, or another type of issue.
- OSVDB ID: 28556: MySource Classic Equation Attribute PHP Code Injection
- SA21757: MySource Classic Equation Attribute PHP Code Injection
- Squiz MySource 2.14.6
Sep 06, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.