ICQ Toolbar RSS feed cross-site scripting
|icq-toolbar-rss-feed-xss (28809)||Medium Risk|
ICQ Toolbar for Microsoft Internet Explorer is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the RSS feed interface. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the title or description fields to inject malicious script into an RSS Feed which would be executed in a victim's Web browser, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to access and modify the configuration setting or steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials, if the attacker could convince the victim to visit a malicious Web site.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- CoreLabs Advisory CORE-2006-0322: Multiple vulnerabilities in ICQ Toolbar 1.3 for Internet Explorer.
- ICQ Toolbar Web site: ICQ Toolbar - ICQ Downloads - ICQ.com.
- BID-19900: ICQ Toolbar HTML Injection and Unauthorized Access Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-4660: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in the RSS Feed module in AOL ICQ Toolbar 1.3 for Internet Explorer (toolbaru.dll) allow remote attackers to process arbitrary web script or HTML in the Feeds interface context via the (1) title and (2) description elements within an item element in an RSS feed.
- OSVDB ID: 28646: ICQ Toolbar RSS Feed Multiple Field XSS
- SA21809: ICQ Toolbar RSS Feeds Script Insertion Vulnerabilities
- ICQ ICQ Toolbar for Internet Explorer 1.3
Sep 06, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.