ICQ Toolbar modify settings
|icq-toolbar-modify-settings (28814)||Medium Risk|
ICQ Toolbar for Microsoft Internet Explorer could allow a remote attacker to modify configuration settings, caused by improper validation of configuration sources. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability by persuading a victim to visit a malicious Web page.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- CoreLabs Advisory CORE-2006-0322: Multiple vulnerabilities in ICQ Toolbar 1.3 for Internet Explorer.
- ICQ Toolbar Web site: ICQ Toolbar - ICQ Downloads - ICQ.com.
- BID-19900: ICQ Toolbar HTML Injection and Unauthorized Access Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-4661: AOL ICQ Toolbar 1.3 for Internet Explorer (toolbaru.dll) does not properly validate the origin of the configuration web page (options2.html), which allows user-assisted remote attackers to provide a web page that contains disguised checkboxes that trick the user into reconfiguring the toolbar.
- OSVDB ID: 30953: ICQ Toolbar Configuration Webpage Origin Verification Failure
- SA21809: ICQ Toolbar RSS Feeds Script Insertion Vulnerabilities
- ICQ ICQ Toolbar for Internet Explorer 1.3
Sep 06, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this