DokuWiki doku.php information disclosure
|dokuwiki-doku-information-disclosure (28819)||Low Risk|
DokuWiki could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. An attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the doku.php script using a 'debug' setting in the X-DOKUWIKI-DO HTTP header to cause configuration information to be displayed. An attacker could use this information to launch further attacks against the affected system.
Upgrade to the latest version of DokuWiki (2006-03-09c or later), available from the DokuWiki Web site. See References.
For Gentoo Linux:
Refer to Gentoo Linux Security Announcement GLSA 200609-10 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- splitbrain.org Web site: DokuWiki [splitbrain.org].
- BID-19911: DokuWiki Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-4679: DokuWiki before 2006-03-09c enables the debug feature by default, which allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information by calling doku.php with the X-DOKUWIKI-DO HTTP header set to debug.
- GLSA-200609-10: DokuWiki: Arbitrary command execution
- OSVDB ID: 30954: DokuWiki doku.php X-DOKUWIKI-DO HTTP Header debug Information Disclosure
- Andreas Gohr DokuWiki 2006-03-09 b
- Gentoo Linux
Sep 07, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.