Sage extension for Mozilla Firefox RSS feeds cross-site scripting
|sage-rss-xss (28855)||Medium Risk|
Sage extension for Mozilla Firefox is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input in the processing of content tags in RSS feeds. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the RSS feed is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Sage (1.3.7 or later), available from the Sage Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Sep 08 2006 - 15:02:03 CDT : Cross Context Scripting with Sage.
- Mozdev Bugzilla Bug 15101: sage fails many of the tests in the feed reader XSS test suite.
- Sage Web site: Sage: a feed reader for Firefox.
- BID-19928: Sage Input Validation Vulnerability
- OSVDB ID: 28745: Sage Extension for Mozilla Firefox RSS Feed XSS
- OSVDB ID: 33131: Sage Extension for Mozilla Firefox RSS Feed Crafted Script Tag XSS
- SA21839: Firefox Sage Extension Feed Script Insertion Vulnerabilities
- Sage-mozdev Sage 1.3.6
Sep 08, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.