NetPerformer telnet username buffer overflow
|netperformer-telnet-username-bo (28908)||High Risk|
NetPerformer is vulnerable to a buffer overflow in the telnet service. By submitting an overly long username, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and cause the device to crash or possibly execute arbitrary code on the affected device.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Wed Sep 13 2006 - 05:13:36 CDT: NetPerformer FRAD ACT Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- NetPerformer Web site: NetPerformer SDM-9500.
- NetPerformer Web site: NetPerformer SDM-9300/9350.
- BID-19989: Verso NetPerformer Frame Relay Access Device Telnet Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-4832: Buffer overflow in the telnet service in Verso NetPerformer FRAD ACT SDM-95xx 7.xx (R1) and earlier, SDM-93xx 10.x.x (R2) and earlier, and SDM-92xx 9.x.x (R1) and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (reboot) and possibly execute arbitrary code via a long username.
- OSVDB ID: 28764: NetPerformer FRAD ACT Telnet username Remote Overflow DoS
- SA21876: NetPerformer Products Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- Verso NetPerformer SDM-92xx 9.x.x R1 and prior
- Verso NetPerformer SDM-93xx 10.x.x R2 and prior
- Verso NetPerformer SDM-95xx 7.xx R1 and prior
Sep 13, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.