Netperformer ICMP denial of service
|netperformer-icmp-dos (28909)||Medium Risk|
NetPerformer is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. By sending specially-crafted ICMP packets, a remote attacker could cause the device to drop TCP connections and in some cases, cause the device to reboot.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Wed Sep 13 2006 - 05:13:36 CDT: NetPerformer FRAD ACT Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- NetPerformer Web site: NetPerformer SDM-9500.
- NetPerformer Web site: NetPerformer SDM-9300/9350.
- BID-19990: Verso NetPerformer Frame Relay Access Device ICMP Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-4833: Verso NetPerformer FRAD ACT SDM-95xx 7.xx (R1) and earlier, SDM-93xx 10.x.x (R2) and earlier, and SDM-92xx 9.x.x (R1) and earlier allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (hang or reboot) via an ICMP packet with the same destination and source address and port, aka the Land vulnerability.
- OSVDB ID: 30960: NetPerformer FRAD ACT Crafted ICMP Packet DoS
- SA21876: NetPerformer Products Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- Verso NetPerformer SDM-92xx 9.x.x R1 and prior
- Verso NetPerformer SDM-93xx 10.x.x R2 and prior
- Verso NetPerformer SDM-95xx 7.xx R1 and prior
Sep 13, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this