Shadowed Portal root parameter file include
|shadowedportal-root-file-include (28918)||Medium Risk|
Shadowed Portal could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the bottom.php, footer.php or the header.php script using the root parameter to specify a malicious file from a remote system, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Upgrade to the latest version of Shadowed Portal (5.6 or later), available from the Shadowed Portal Web site. See References.
- Shadowed Portal Web site: Shadowed Portal.
- BID-20006: Shadowed Portal Bottom.PHP Remote File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-4826: PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in bottom.php in Shadowed Portal 5.599 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via a URL in the root parameter.
- CVE-2006-4885: PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in Shadowed Portal 5.599 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via a URL in the root parameter in (1) footer.php and (2) header.php. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained from third party information. The bottom.php parameter is already covered by CVE-2006-4826.
- OSVDB ID: 28835: Shadowed Portal bottom.php root Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- OSVDB ID: 28836: Shadowed Portal footer.php root Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- OSVDB ID: 28837: Shadowed Portal header.php root Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- SA21920: Shadowed Portal "root" File Inclusion Vulnerabilities
- Shadowed Works Shadowed Portal 5.599 and prior
Sep 13, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this