Call of Duty callvote map buffer overflow
|callofduty-callvotemap-bo (29129)||High Risk|
Call of Duty, Call of Duty United Offensive, and Call of Duty 2 are vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking by the 'callvote map' command. By sending a MAP parameter of more than 64 bytes, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and possibly execute arbitrary code on the system.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- ActiVision, Inc. Web site: Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty: United Offensive.
- Luigi Auriemma Advisory 24 Sep 2006: In-game callvote map buffer-overflow in Call of Duty series.
- BID-20180: Call of Duty Server Callvote Map Command Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-5058: Buffer overflow in (1) Call of Duty 1.5b and earlier, (2) Call of Duty United Offensive 1.51b and earlier, and (3) Call of Duty 2 1.3 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long map argument to the callvote map command.
- OSVDB ID: 29107: Call of Duty callvote map Remote Overflow
- SA22078: Call of Duty "callvote map" Buffer Overflow
- ActiVision Call of Duty 1.5 b
- ActiVision Call of Duty 2 1.3
- ActiVision Call of Duty: United Offensive 1.51 b
Sep 24, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.