PLESK filemanager.php directory traversal
|plesk-filemanager-directory-traversal (29134)||Medium Risk|
Plesk could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the system. An attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the filemanager.php script containing "dot dot" sequences (/../) in the file parameter to traverse directories and view arbitrary files on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of Plesk (8.0 or later), available from the Plesk Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Sep 22 2006 - 09:54:10 CDT : [PLESK 7.5 Reload] & [PLESK 7.6 for MS Windows] path passing and disclosure vulnerability.
- Plesk Web site: Plesk Products.
- BID-20155: PLESK Filemanager.PHP Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-5028: Directory traversal vulnerability in filemanager/filemanager.php in SWsoft Plesk 7.5 Reload and Plesk 7.6 for Microsoft Windows allows remote attackers to list arbitrary directories via a ../ (dot dot slash) in the file parameter in a chdir action.
- OSVDB ID: 29126: Plesk filemanager.php file Variable Traversal Information Disclosure
- SA22058: Plesk filemanager.php Information Disclosure
- SWsoft Plesk prior to 8.0
Sep 22, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.