Sun Solaris IPV6 forwarding denial of service
|solaris-ipv6-dos (29150)||Medium Risk|
Sun Solaris is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an unspecified vulnerability when processing a malformed IPV6 packet. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted IPV6 packet to cause a system panic, resulting in a denial of service.
Denial of Service
Refer to Sun Alert ID: 102568 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Sun Alert ID: 102568: A Security Issue With Solaris 10 x64 Systems Using IPv6 Forwarding May Result in a Denial of Service (DoS).
- ASA-2006-235: Sun Alert Notifications from Sun Weekly Report dated Sep 30 2006
- BID-20195: Sun Solaris 10 Malformed IPV6 Packets Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-5013: Sun Solaris 10 before patch 118855-16 (20060925), when run on x64 systems using IPv6, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (kernel panic) via crafted IPv6 packets.
- OSVDB ID: 29154: Solaris Malformed IPv6 Packet Local DoS
- OSVDB ID: 29265: Solaris IPv6 Unprivileged Remote DoS
- SA22103: Solaris IPv6 Denial of Service Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1016930: Solaris IPv6 Processing Bug Lets Remote Users Deny Service
- Sun Solaris 10 x64
Sep 25, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.