Sun Solaris IPv6 address denial of service
|solaris-ipv6-address-dos (29246)||Medium Risk|
An unspecified vulnerability on Sun Solaris systems that use IPV6 addresses could allow a remote attacker to cause a system panic, resulting in a denial of service.
Denial of Service
Refer to Sun Alert ID: 102144 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Sun Alert ID: 102144: Vulnerability With Solaris IPv6 May Allow a Remote User the Ability to Create a Denial of Service Condition.
- ASA-2006-235: Sun Alert Notifications from Sun Weekly Report dated Sep 30 2006
- BID-20252: Sun Solaris Malformed IPv6 Packets Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-5073: Unspecified vulnerability in Sun Solaris 8, 9 and 10 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (panic) via crafted IPv6 packets, a different vulnerability than CVE-2006-5013.
- SA22132: Sun Solaris IPv6 Denial of Service Vulnerability
- SA22581: Avaya CMS Sun Solaris IPv6 Denial of Service
- SECTRACK ID: 1016968: Solaris IPv6 Fragment Reassembly Bug Lets Remote Users Cause a Kernel Panic
- Sun Solaris 10 x86
- Sun Solaris 10 SPARC
- Sun Solaris 8 SPARC
- Sun Solaris 8 x86
- Sun Solaris 9 SPARC
- Sun Solaris 9 x86
Sep 28, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.