phpBB XS 2 functions_kb.php file include
|phpbb-functionskb-file-include (29250)||Medium Risk|
phpBB XS 2 Spanish version could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the functions_kb.php script using the phpbb_root_path parameter to specify a malicious file from a remote system, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
Refer to the phpBB Web site for patch information. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Sep 28 2006 - 11:24:35 CDT : SolpotCrew Advisory #14 - phpBB XS 2 spain version (phpbb_root_path) Remote File Inclusion.
- phpBB Web site: Espaņol - phpBB Creating Communities phpBB:: Creating Communities.
- BID-20251: PHPBB-ES Functions_KB.PHP Remote File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-5094: PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in includes/functions_kb.php in the phpBB XS 2 (Spain version) allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via a URL in the phpbb_root_path parameter, a different vector than CVE-2006-4780 or CVE-2006-4893.
- SA22177: phpBB XS "phpbb_root_path" File Inclusion Vulnerability
- phpBB phpBB XS (Spain Version) 2
Sep 28, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.