bitweaver sort_mode SQL injection
|bitweaver-sortmode-sql-injection (30165)||Medium Risk|
bitweaver is vulnerable to SQL injection. A remote attacker could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the list_blogs.php, list_galleries.php, index.php, orphan_pages.php, and list_pages.php scripts using the sort_mode parameter or to the edition.php script using the tk parameter, which could allow the attacker to view, add, modify or delete information in the back-end database.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- bitweaver Web site: Articles - bitweaver.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Nov 09 2006 - 11:05:41 CST : bitweaver <=1.3.1 [injection sql (post) & xss (post)].
- BID-20988: Bitweaver Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- BID-20996: Retired: Bitweaver Multiple Parameter Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-6923: SQL injection vulnerability in newsletters/edition.php in bitweaver 1.3.1 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the tk parameter.
- CVE-2006-6924: bitweaver 1.3.1 and earlier allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information via a sort_mode=-98 query string to (1) blogs/list_blogs.php, (2) fisheye/index.php, (3) wiki/orphan_pages.php, or (4) wiki/list_pages.php, which forces a SQL error. NOTE: the fisheye/list_galleries.php vector is already covered by CVE-2005-4380.
- OSVDB ID: 36513: bitweaver newsletters/edition.php tk Parameter SQL Injection
- SA22793: bitweaver Script Insertion Vulnerabilities
- Bitweaver Bitweaver 1.3.1 and prior
Nov 09, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.