bitweaver edit.php and post.php cross-site scripting
|bitweaver-edit-post-xss (30167)||Medium Risk|
bitweaver is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the edit.php and post.php scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the message title or message description field in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- bitweaver Web site: Articles - bitweaver.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Nov 09 2006 - 11:05:41 CST : bitweaver <=1.3.1 [injection sql (post) & xss (post)].
- BID-20988: Bitweaver Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- BID-20996: Retired: Bitweaver Multiple Parameter Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-6925: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in bitweaver 1.3.1 and earlier allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via (1) the message title field when submitting an article to articles/edit.php, (2) the message title field when submitting a blog post to blogs/post.php, or (3) the message description field when editing in the Sandbox in wiki/edit.php.
- OSVDB ID: 21919: bitweaver fisheye/list_galleries.php sort_mode Parameter SQL Injection
- OSVDB ID: 30342: bitweaver articles/edit.php Message Title Field XSS
- OSVDB ID: 30343: bitweaver blogs/post.php Message Title Field XSS
- OSVDB ID: 30344: bitweaver wiki/edit.php Message Description Field XSS
- SA22793: bitweaver Script Insertion Vulnerabilities
- Bitweaver Bitweaver 1.3.1 and prior
Nov 09, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.