Nucleus CMS unspecified cross-site scripting
|nucleus-unspecified-xss (30254)||Medium Risk|
Nucleus CMS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by undisclosed scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using various parameters in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Nucleus (version 3.24 or later), available from the Nucleus CMS Web site. See References.
- Nucleus CMS Web site: Nucleus v3.24 Released.
- BID-21104: Nucleus CMS Unspecified HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-6920: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Nucleus before 3.24 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unknown vectors, possibly involving (1) lib/ADMIN.php and (2) lib/SKIN.php.
- OSVDB ID: 30351: Nucleus Unspecified XSS
- SA22843: Nucleus Unspecified Script Insertion
- SECTRACK ID: 1017220: Nucleus Input Validation Holes in `lib/ADMIN.php` and `lib/SKIN.php` Permit Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- VUPEN/ADV-2006-4495: Nucleus Unspecified Parameter Client-Side Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Nucleus Group Nucleus CMS prior to 3.24
Nov 14, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.