XTREME ASP Photo Gallery displaypic.asp cross-site scripting
|xtremeasp-displaypicasp-xss (30327)||Medium Risk|
XTREME ASP Photo Gallery is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the displaypic.asp script and the search functionality. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the catname parameter in a specially-crafted URL or in a search request to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Nov 15 2006 - 18:21:08 CST : Xtreme ASP Photo Gallery Cross Site Scripting And SQL Injection.
- Xtreme Asp Photo Gallery Web site: Xtreme Asp Photo Gallery - Easy Upload Photos To Server - Photo Album.
- BID-21138: Xtreme ASP Photo Gallery Multiple Input Validation Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-6936: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Xtreme ASP Photo Gallery allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary HTML or web script via (1) the catname parameter to displaypic.asp or (2) the search field. NOTE: vector 1 likely overlaps CVE-2006-3032.
- Pensacola Web Designs Xtreme ASP Photo Gallery
Nov 15, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.