Rapid Classified multiple scripts cross-site scripting
|rapidclassified-multiple-scripts-xss (30450)||Medium Risk|
Rapid Classified is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the reply.asp, view_print.asp, search.asp, and advsearch.asp scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the id, SH1, or dosearch parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability ( Security_patch_020207), available from the Rapid Classified Web site. See References.
- Rapid Classified Web site: Rapid Classified Introduction.
- Security Access Point Web site: Rapid Classified v3.1 [multiple xss (get) & injection sql].
- BID-21197: Rapid Classified Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-6929: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Rapid Classified 3.1 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) id parameter to (a) reply.asp or (b) view_print.asp, the (2) SH1 parameter to (c) search.asp, the (3) name parameter to reply.asp, or the (4) dosearch parameter to (d) advsearch.asp.
- OSVDB ID: 30540: Rapid Classified view_print.asp id Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 30541: Rapid Classified search.asp SH1 Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 30542: Rapid Classified reply.asp Multiple Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 30543: Rapid Classified advsearch.asp dosearch Parameter XSS
- SA22985: Rapid Classified Cross-Site Scripting and SQL Injection
- GA Soft Rapid Classified 3.1
Nov 21, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.