Sorin Chitu Telnet Ftp Server unspecified directory traversal
|sorinchitu-unspecified-directory-traversal (30582)||Medium Risk|
Sorin Chitu Telnet Ftp Server could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the system. An attacker could send a specially-crafted FTP command containing "dot dot" sequences (/../) to traverse directories and view arbitrary files outside of the FTP root directory.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- Sorin Chitu Telnet Ftp Server Web site: Telnet-Ftp Server.
- BID-21339: Telnet-FTP Server Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-6240: Directory traversal vulnerability in Sorin Chitu Telnet-FTP Server 1.0 allows remote authenticated users to list contents of arbitrary directories and download arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) sequence in an FTP command argument, as demonstrated by RETR (GET) or STOR (PUT). NOTE: The provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 30772: Telnet-FTP Server Multiple Command Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- SA22921: Telnet - Ftp Server Two Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2006-4765: Sorin Chitu Telnet Ftp Server Directory Traversal and Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- Sorin Chitu Telnet Ftp Server 1.0 build 1.250
Nov 29, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.