ContentServ FileServer.php directory traversal
|contentserv-fileserver-directory-traversal (30648)||Medium Risk|
ContentServ could allow a remote attacker to traverse directories on the system. An attacker could send a specially-crafted request to the FileServer.php script containing "dot dot" sequences (/../) in the src parameter to view arbitrary files on the system.
No remedy available as of October 2008.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu Nov 30 2006 - 11:12:28 CST: contentserv 4.x.
- ContentServ Web site: ContentServ.
- BID-21369: ContentServ FileServer.php Local File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-6277: Directory traversal vulnerability in admin/FileServer.php in ContentServ 4.x allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via a .. (dot dot) in the src parameter, a different vector than CVE-2005-3086.
- SA23158: ContentServ "src" Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2006-4808: ContentServ src Parameter Handling Remote Directory Traversal Vulnerability
- ContentServ ContentServ 4.2 and prior
Nov 30, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this