D-Bus match_rule_equal() denial of service
|dbus-matchruleequal-dos (30874)||Medium Risk|
D-Bus is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by an error in the match_rule_equal() function in signals.c. A local attacker could exploit this vulnerability to kill an unspecified process and bring about a denial of service condition.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of D-Bus (version 1.0.2 or later), available from the Freedesktop.org Web site. See References.
Refer to OpenPKG Security Advisory OpenPKG-SA-2006.041 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
For Ubuntu Linux:
Refer to USN-401-1 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
For Mandriva Linux:
Refer to Mandriva Linux Security Advisory MDKSA-2006:233 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
For Red Hat Linux:
Refer to RHSA-2007:0008-2 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
For other distributions:
Contact your vendor for patch or upgrade information.
- Freedesktop.org: D-Bus.
- freedesktop.org Bugzilla Bug 9142: CVE-2006-6107 [patch] fix a nasty bug in match_rule_equal().
- ASA-2007-058: dbus security update (RHSA-2007-0008)
- BID-21571: D-Bus Signals.C Local Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-6107: Unspecified vulnerability in the match_rule_equal function in bus/signals.c in D-Bus before 1.0.2 allows local applications to remove match rules for other applications and cause a denial of service (lost process messages).
- MDKSA-2006:233: Updated dbus packages fix vulnerability
- OpenPKG-SA-2006.041: D-Bus
- RHSA-2007-0008: Moderate: dbus security update
- SA23373: D-Bus "match_rule_equal()" Weakness
- SECTRACK ID: 1017608: D-Bus match_rule_equal() Bug Lets Local Users Deny Service
- USN-401-1: D-Bus vulnerability
- Canonical Ubuntu 5.10
- Canonical Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
- Canonical Ubuntu 6.10
- Freedesktop D-Bus prior to 1.0.2
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux 2006 X86_64
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux 2006
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux 2007
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux 2007 X86_64
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 3.0 X86_64
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 3.0
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 4.0 X86_64
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 4.0
- OpenPKG OpenPKG 2-STABLE
- OpenPKG OpenPKG CURRENT
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 Desktop
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 ES
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 AS
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 WS
Dec 12, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this