Intel PRO/Wireless malformed beacon frame code execution
|intel-wireless-beacon-code-execution (30949)||High Risk|
Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Driver could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by a memory corruption error when handling malicious beacon frames. A remote attacker within range of the affected Wi-Fi station could exploit this vulnerability by sending malformed frames to execute arbitrary code on the affected system with kernel level privileges.
Upgrade to the latest version of the Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG driver, available from the Intel Web site. See References.
- Intel® PRO/Wireless Network Connection Web site: Intel® PRO/Wireless Network Connection for Mobile - Overview.
- BID-21641: Intel 2200BG 802.11 Driver Beacon Frame Remote Code execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-6651: Race condition in W29N51.SYS in the Intel 2200BG wireless driver 126.96.36.199 allows remote attackers to cause memory corruption and execute arbitrary code via a series of crafted beacon frames. NOTE: some details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 32346: Intel 2200BG W29N51.SYS Driver Beacon Frame Race Condition Memory Corruption
- OSVDB ID: 37996: Intel 2200BG 802.11 Wireless Mini-PCI (w29n51.sys) Crafted Disassociation Packets Remote DoS
- SA23338: Intel 2200BG W29N51.SYS Driver Beacon Frame Race Condition
- VUPEN/ADV-2006-5065: Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Driver Beacon Frame Remote Memory Corruption Vulnerability
- Intel 2200BG PROSet Wireless
Dec 19, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.