PHP iCalendar multiple scripts cross-site scripting
|phpicalendar-multiple-scripts-xss (31146)||Medium Risk|
PHP iCalendar is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by multiple scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the getdate, cpath or query parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- Lostmonīs Blogger, December 27, 2006: PHP icalendar multiple variable cross site scripting.
- PHP iCalendar Web site: PHP iCalendar Documentation.
- BID-21792: PHP ICalendar Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-6824: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Jim Hu and Chad Little PHP iCalendar 2.23 rc1 and earlier allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) getdate parameter in (a) day.php, (b) month.php, (c) year.php, (d) week.php, (e) search.php, (f) rss/index.php, (g) print.php, and (h) preferences.php; the (2) cpath parameter in (i) day.php, (j) month.php, (k) year.php, (l) week.php, and (m) search.php; the (3) query parameter in search.php; and possibly the cpath, (4) unset, and (5) set parameters in a setcookie action in preferences.php; different vectors than CVE-2006-3319. NOTE: it was later reported that vectors b, c, and d also affect 2.24.
- OSVDB ID: 32493: PHP iCalendar day.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 32494: PHP iCalendar month.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 32495: PHP iCalendar year.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 32496: PHP iCalendar week.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 32497: PHP iCalendar search.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 32498: PHP iCalendar rss/index.php getdate Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 32499: PHP iCalendar print.php getdate Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 32500: PHP iCalendar preferences.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA23499: PHP iCalendar Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1017449: PHP iCalendar Input Validation Holes in `cpath` and `getdate` Parameters Permit Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- PHP iCalendar PHP iCalendar 2.23 rc1
Dec 27, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.