AIDeX Mini-WebServer HTTP request denial of service
|aidex-http-request-dos (31153)||Medium Risk|
AIDeX Mini-WebServer is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by improper handling of HTTP requests by the GUI. A remote attacker could send multiple specially-crafted HTTP requests to cause the server to crash, if a user is accessing the GUI log window at the same time the HTTP requests are being sent.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- AIDeX Mini-WebServer Web site: Mini-Webserver Version 1.1 (Freeware).
- BID-21816: AIDeX Mini-Webserver HTTP Request Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-6855: AIDeX Mini-WebServer 1.1 early release 3 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (daemon crash) via a flood of HTTP GET requests, possibly related to display of HTTP log data by the GUI. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 32537: AIDeX Mini-Webserver HTTP Request Saturation DoS
- SA23569: AIDeX Mini-Webserver HTTP Request Display Denial Of Service
- SECTRACK ID: 1017455: AIDeX WebServer Lets Remote Users Deny Service By Sending Multiple Requests
- Rosenthal Software AIDeX Mini-Webserver 1.1
Dec 28, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.