Adobe Macromedia Shockwave Player ActiveX SwDir.dll denial of service
|macromedia-swdir-dos (31160)||Medium Risk|
Macromedia Shockwave Player is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a vulnerability in the SwDir.dll ActiveX control. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the victim's browser to crash, if the attacker could persuade the victim to visit a malicious Web page that passes specially-crafted arguments to the ShockW.swURL() method.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of March 1, 2014.
- Adobe Web site: Adobe Shockwave Player.
- BID-22067: Macromedia Shockwave 10 SWDIR.DLL ActiveX Control Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- BID-22842: Macromedia Shockwave 10 SWDIR.DLL Multiple ActiveX Control Remote Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-6885: An ActiveX control in SwDir.dll in Macromedia Shockwave 10 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (Internet Explorer 7 crash) via a long string in the swURL attribute.
- OSVDB ID: 36005: Macromedia Shockwave SwDir.dll Multiple Property Remote Overflow
- OSVDB ID: 37510: Macromedia Shockwave ActiveX (SwDir.dll) swURL Attribute Remote DoS
- Macromedia Shockwave 10
Dec 29, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.