phpMyAdmin darkblue_orange/layout.inc.php path disclosure
|phpmyadmin-darkblueorange-path-disclosure (31223)||Low Risk|
phpMyAdmin could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. An attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the darkblue_orange/layout.inc.php script to cause an error message to be returned containing the full installation path. An attacker could use this information to launch further attacks against the affected system.
Apply the appropriate update for your system. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Tue Jan 02 2007 - 11:23:45 CST: Inforamtion Discloser Vulnerabilities in "phpMyAdmin".
- phpMyAdmin Web site: phpMyAdmin | MySQL Database Administration Tool | www.phpmyadmin.net.
- CVE-2007-0095: phpMyAdmin 188.8.131.52 allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information via a direct request for themes/darkblue_orange/layout.inc.php, which reveals the path in an error message.
- MDKSA-2007:199: Updated phpMyAdmin packages fix multiple vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 33257: phpMyAdmin themes/darkblue_orange/layout.inc.php Direct Request Path Disclosure
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 4.0
- MandrakeSoft Mandrake Linux Corporate Server 4.0 X86_64
- phpMyAdmin phpMyAdmin 184.108.40.206
Jan 02, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.