Serene Bach unspecified cross-site scripting
|serene-bach-unspecified-xss (31302)||Medium Risk|
Serene Bach is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by an unspecified script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using various parameters in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Serene Bach (2.09R or sb 1.19R or later), available from the Serene Bach Web site. See References.
- Serene Bach Web site: Serene Bach.
- BID-21884: Serene Bach Multiple Unspecified Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-0137: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SimpleBoxes/SerendipityNZ Serene Bach 2.05R and earlier, and 2.08D and earlier in the 2.08 series; and (2) sb 1.13D and earlier, and 1.18R and earlier in the 1.18 series; allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 32580: Serene Bach Unspecified XSS
- SA23623: Serene Bach Unspecified Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1017470: Serene Bach Input Validation Hole Permits Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- SimpleBoxes/SerendipityNZ Serene Bach 1.13D & 1.18R
- SimpleBoxes/SerendipityNZ Serene Bach 2.08D & 2.05R
Jan 05, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.