Drupal core unspecified cross-site scripting
|drupal-core-unspecified-xss (31311)||Medium Risk|
Drupal is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using unspecified parameters in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in an administrator's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Drupal (4.6.11, 4.7.5, or later), available from the Ethereal Web site. See References.
Refer to OpenPKG Security Advisory OpenPKG-SA-2007.003 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Drupal Web site: drupal.org | community plumbing.
- DRUPAL-SA-2007-001: Drupal core. Cross site scripting.
- BID-21887: Drupal Unspecified Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-0136: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Drupal before 4.6.11, and 4.7 before 4.7.5, allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified parameters in the (1) filter and (2) system modules. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OpenPKG-SA-2007.003: Drupal
- OSVDB ID: 32139: Drupal Filter Module Unspecified XSS
- OSVDB ID: 32140: Drupal System Module Unspecified XSS
- Drupal Drupal 4.6.x
- Drupal Drupal 4.7.x
- OpenPKG OpenPKG 2-STABLE
- OpenPKG OpenPKG CURRENT
Jan 05, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.