Fix and Chips CMS multiple scripts cross-site scripting
|fixandchips-multiple-scripts-xss (31319)||Medium Risk|
Fix and Chips CMS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the staff.php, delete-announce.php, new-customer.php, search.php or the client-results.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using various parameters in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Fix and Chips (version 220.127.116.11 or later), available from the Fix and Chips CMS Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Jan 06 2007 - 06:57:56 CST : Fix & Chips CMS v1.0.
- Fix and Chips CMS Web site: Fix and Chips CMS System.
- BID-21909: Fix And Chip CMS Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-0146: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Fix and Chips CMS 1.0 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) id parameter in (a) delete-announce.php; the (2) Announcement form field in (b) staff.php; the (3) Client Name, (4) Business Name, (5) Street, (6) Address 2, (7) Town/City, (8) Postcode, (9) Phone Number, (10) Email Address and (11) Website Address form fields in (c) new_customer.php; and unspecified fields in (d) search.php and (e) client-results.php.
- OSVDB ID: 32646: Fix And Chips CMS System delete-announce.php id Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 32647: Fix And Chips CMS System staff.php Announcement Field XSS
- OSVDB ID: 32648: Fix And Chips CMS System new_customer.php Multiple Field XSS
- OSVDB ID: 32649: Fix And Chips CMS System search.php XSS
- OSVDB ID: 32650: Fix And Chips CMS System client-results.php XSS
- SA23625: Fix And Chips CMS System Cross-Site Scripting and Script Insertion
- Fix & Chips CMS Fix and Chips CMS 1.0 and prior
Jan 06, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.