Application Enhancer (APE) ApplicationEnhancer binary privilege escalation
|ape-appenhancer-privilege-escalation (31349)||High Risk|
Application Enhancer (APE) could allow a local attacker to gain elevated privileges, caused by insecure permissions on the ApplicationEnhancer binary and /Library/Frameworks directory. A local attacker could overwrite the ApplicationEnhancer binary to gain root privileges on the vulnerable system.
No remedy available as of May 1, 2013.
- Application Enhancer (APE) Web site: [unsanity] Application Enhancer - Enhance the applications by loading modules.
- MOAB-08-01-2007: Application Enhancer (APE) Local Privilege Escalation.
- BID-21951: Application Enhancer Local Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
- CVE-2007-0162: Unsanity Application Enhancer (APE) 2.0.2 installs with insecure permissions for the (1) ApplicationEnhancer binary and the (2) /Library/Frameworks/ApplicationEnhancer.framework directory, which allows local users to gain privileges by modifying or replacing the binary or library files.
- OSVDB ID: 32661: Unsanity Application Enhancer Permission Weakness Privilege Escalation
- SA23649: Unsanity Application Enhancer Insecure Permissions
- Unsanity Application Enhancer (APE) 2.02
Jan 08, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.