Packeteer PacketShaper long argument denial of service
|packetshaper-argument-dos (31357)||Medium Risk|
Packeteer PacketShaper is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a buffer overflow. By sending an overly long argument to the web interface, a remote attacker with "look" or "touch" access could exploit this vulnerability to overflow a buffer and cause the device to reboot.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest version of Packeteer PacketShaper (8.2.0 or later), available from the Packeteer Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Jan 08 2007 - 05:10:24 CST : Packeteer PacketWise CLI overflow DoS.
- Packeteer Web site: Packeteer PacketShaper.
- BID-21933: Packeteer PacketShaper Multiple Buffer Overflow Denial Of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2007-0113: Buffer overflow in Packeteer PacketShaper PacketWise 8.x allows remote authenticated users to cause a denial of service (reset or reboot) via (1) a long traffic class argument to the class show command or (2) a long POLICY parameter value in clastree.htm.
- OSVDB ID: 31656: Packeteer PacketShaper PacketWise Input Handling DoS
- SA23685: Packeteer PacketShaper Input Handling Denial of Service
- Packeteer Packeteer PacketShaper 9500/ISP Packetwise 8.x
Jan 08, 2007
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.